Famously known as innovation in science pursuit for inspired research (INSPIRE). The program was established in the year 2008 by the sole inventor Department of science and Technology (DST). The fact in mind was to absorb students with ability to research and innovate in science.
The program was meant to improve the science and technology in country. This has been embraced in the years as many students have benefited from the scholarship and ventured into science fields. The program INSPIRE has three scholarships attached:
- INSPIRE scheme for early attraction of talents (SEATs)
- Scholarship for higher education (SHE)
- Assured opportunity for research careers (AORC)
The first scholarship SEATS focuses on young people of the 10 above who have the interest in science maters. Basically all the scholarship scopes students who have potential in science and technological matters. Today we discuss on the SHE program dealing with students aged 17-22 taking bachelors and masters in natural sciences.
INSPIRE scholarship for higher Education SHE
The scholarship takes on ages 17-22 as said earlier offering 10,000 scholarships each year. The program has a lot of benefits for the bachelor and master student as follows:
- A release of 10,000 scholarships each year thus covering many students all over the country.
- Student get RS 80,000 each.
- Rs.20,000/- each year for students going for a compulsory summer research project which is headed by a recognized research center in the country.
- Applicants get RS 60,000 amount for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is renewable for 5 years where the student has to be of good conduct.
- Students don’t receive the money directly, as it is deposited in SBI bank of India via the direct benefit transfer.
The program has selected criteria which students have to qualify. Below we make a list of qualification as follows:
- Student has to be age 17-22 years and has pass the 12th class and take courses in natural sciences at B.Sc. In this case the student has to among the first slot of student in the 12 class board exam
- Scholars have to be among the top 10,000 in the IIT JEE exam and top 20,000in the AIEEE.
- Student taking up CBSE NEET can also apply for the scholarship.
- Students in the Kishore Vaigyanik protsahan Yojna can apply.
- Those in the institute of science education and research and national institute of science education and research are also considered to apply for the scholarship.
- Application form with photograph
- Marks for class XII and class X.
- Endorsement certificate and has to be signed by principal of the college.
- Eligibility note.
- Certificate of the award e.g. IIT JEE exam, NTSE etc.
How to apply for the Inspire Scholarship
The process can be done online through the INSPIRE website portal.
- Go to the official INSPIRE website page.
- On the homepage click on the new applicant tab.
- Now fill in the following details: Name and gender, Date of Birth, Email address, Password, Eligibility criteria and Verification code
- The system will send user ID and password at their email address. Open the email and click on the activation link to activate the account.
- On has to scan all the required documents before they fill the application form.
- Now log in to your INSPIRE account using the password and enter the personal details, enrollment details and all requirements on the scholarship form.
- Now upload the documents with the scholarship application form.
- Review all information entered then click submit button.
- When the form is submitted take a print out of the application form for reference.