Jiofi is a hotspot gadget through Jio. Jiofi is powered by LYF. This is a small handy device that measures about 3cm by 2cm in size which makes it a relatively small device. Jiofi provides up to 32 devices network sharing (as on my jiofi2).
Jiofi provides fast internet connectivity powered by jio. Jiofi can also set up jio4gvoice provided your device is 2g, 3g or 5g. Many online shops selling this device are currently selling it at a discount. This makes it the best time of going for it.
What is the Main Use of Jiofi Dongle?
Jiofi allows mobile devices and multiple users to access 4G high-speed internet connectivity, and also create Wi-Fi hotspots on their devices. Here is a detailed list of how you can use Jiofi. In the below guidelines we will give the detailed information on How to Change Jiofi Settings either by Jiofi Admin login jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1
How to Change Broadcasting SSID and Jiofi Security Key by login jiofi.local.html
The following instructions gives the detailed guidance for you by login into jiofi.local.html website. Steps are as follows…
- Click on the settings tab.
- Click on “Wi-Fi” menu.
- Under the Wi-Fi settings, you should see the default SSID name.
- Change it to whatever you desire and reset your Jiofi device.
How to Access Storage Slot / SD Card Slot by Login 192.168.1.1
- First, each user will have to insert the memory card in the Jiofi dongle device
- Enable the storage account and set the username and password
- Access the files you want by entering the URL http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html/
- Click on the Wi-Fi button and use the SD card’s username and password
- You can now access the storage slot. From here, you can upload your files and then copy them to your computer.
How to Make Voice / Video Calls Using Jiofi Device
So as to be able to make Jiofi video calls and voice calls using your Jio 4G Voice App. Every Jiofi user and Smartphone user first need to install the Jio 4G application on your phone. After successful installation of the app, connect your phone to the Jiofi device. Now that the app is already installed on your phone, open the 4G voice app.
The application will then prompt you to register or activate your mobile phone. Here, enter your Jiofi sim card number. You will receive a One-Time-Password (OTP) on your phone. Enter it to successfully verify the process. Afterward, the app will ask whether to access your contacts and messages. Click on Allow. After this step, your contacts will be synchronized with the Jio 4G app for voice. You can now use the calling feature via your Jiofi device.
How to Reset Jiofi Router?
There are many reasons why you would want to Reset your Jiofi Router to default factory settings. For instance, you might have forgotten your password. Follow this process to reset Jiofi router back to factory settings:
- First, remove the back cover of the Jiofi device.
- You should see the “Reset” text on the side of the “WPS” button.
- Use a pin to press on the reset button for a few seconds (10-20).
- You have successfully reset your Jiofi device to its factory settings.
Conclusion: The JioFI device always had issues with its firmware which must be resolved quickly. The JioFi firmware adds stability to the internet speed on the device. The device has no manual option to select or switch to LTE mode. The PEG_M2_B20 – version of the JioFi has a lot of issues with its firmware as users get less control over customization.
The ideal solution for the slow speed issue is moving JioFi device to a place where the signal for LTE band 40 is strong without any obstructions. Security is another concern for the JioFi users as the old firmware can be vulnerable to hacker’s attack. Hence it is important to upgrade firmware.