AnyDesk software is one of the most widely used applications by IT professionals and on-the-go individuals. This is mainly because it allows fast, efficient and reliable remote access to computers without having to worry about your current location. In addition to this, you can also transfer files using AnyDesk software for free within the shortest time possible.
AnyDesk software makes use of copy and paste synced clipboard regardless of the platform to perform a file transfer. Anyone who has used AnyDesk software will tell you that it is very flexible since it can be used across multiple platforms and operating systems. These include Mac OS, Linux, Windows, iOS and Android devices. In this article, we are going to have a look at file transfer using AnyDesk software on different platforms.
File Transfer in Mac OS using AnyDesk Software
If you are a proud owner of Mac OS device, then AnyDesk is a good application for file transfer. However, you will first have to download and install AnyDesk into your personal computer before transferring files. As soon as the software is installed, you will have to follow the systematic guide given below in order to transfer files.
- Tap on AnyDesk Software icon to launch it.
- You will then have to connect the two devices in order for the file transfer to take place smoothly.
- Next, copy a file or selection to the clipboard on the remote or local side. This action will display a pending file transfer request on the opposite side.
- Click on “File Transfer” icon to initiate the file transfer. This icon can be easily identified from the session’s window or Accept window. The selected files will then be transferred within a matter of seconds.
File Manager in Mac OS and Windows
AnyDesk has a file manager (FM) option which runs separately in its own tab for both Windows and Mac OS. File Manager will only start at session request or when the session is still in progress. The File Manager tends to work differently when it comes to file transfer in AnyDesk software since it does not have copy and paste or drag and drop options. Fortunately, you can make use of the buttons available whenever you want to transfer files. These buttons include:
- Upload: Allows users the chance of selecting files and uploading them in the corresponding directory for file transfer.
- Download: This button is used in selecting files and folders from a remote device.
- This Device: Shows the current directory of your device.
- Remote Device: Shows the current directory of partnering device.
Disabling File Transfer
After transferring all the files, you will have to disable file transfer in AnyDesk software. To do this, simply open the security settings and click on “Disable Clipboard Transmission” option. This action will disable clipboard sync in all the connected devices. With AnyDesk software, you will never have to make do with long and tedious processes of transferring files. All you need is AnyDesk application and file transfer will be made easier.