Passport is a legal document used for travel purposes. The document is significant as it helps one land abroad and fulfil they travel needs like education, business or just vacation. The document is officially under the ministry of external affairs. The Indian government has improved the passport issuing process by opening passport offices namely passport seva offices.
The offices assist citizens in accessing passport first and in a convenient way. Here one can apply, renewal and enquire any detail containing passport. The passport seva Kendra offices link up with the police stations and post offices where the passport will be sent after all verifications are done by the police.
Types of passports in Indian country
- Ordinary passport.
- Diplomatic passport
- Official passport.
Passport application process has been simplified, with the recent technology one can visit the seva Kendra offices or even use online methods to acquire the documents. With the introduction of seva centers the government allowed individuals to apply for passport anywhere in the country.
What are Passport offices seva Kendra? This are official and legal passport issuing offices. They were formulated to assist in the issuing of passport where they can reach more people than the normal passport offices. The offices are divided and distributed all over the country. You can locate the offices using the official webpage of the passport regulatory authority of India. Using the link: https://passportindia.gov.in/apponlineproject/locatePSK/locatePFCInp
in India we have biggest office in consular, passport and visa division, Patiala House in New Delhi. This are the highest offices however, you can check for local and residential offices near you. The link above will guide on where passport offices are located.
Process of applying for passport in India
Applicants can follow the below online application process.
- Navigate to the official passport website page: http://passportindia.gov.in
- On the homepage go to the “APPLY”
- Existing applicants should login with their user ID and password.
- New applicants will fill their details in order to create an account. they should:
- Go to the new user tab and select “register”
- A new page will open and the applicant should fill in all their details from name, address, phone number etc.
- The first page applicant enters information of whether they are applying in passport office or the CPV Delhi. Here the passport is either diplomatic or official passport. Whichever the case the applicant can also visit the seva Kendra offices.
- Enter name 35 characters only, go to the login ID use your email address.
- Followed by a strong but simple to remember password, reconfirm the password.
- Pick on a hint question and answer which will help you when you forget login information.
- Fill in captcha code after rechecking click register.
- After this process the system will take to application page.
- On the homepage choose the type of passport: Fresh passport/renewal passport, Diplomatic passport, Police clearance certificate PCC and Identity certificate
- Fill in all the details from the application form then submit.
- Go to the payment and schedule appointment, which is a link on the same page. Check on the saved/submitted application and create an appointment.
- Payments method are done by either online payment of offline. Though the online payment has been legalized and made compulsory in order to book for an appointment. Use the credit/debit cards, internet banking or the SBI bank challan.
- Select the “print application receipt” on the page. The receipt should contain a reference number ARN which is an appointment number.
- You can carry the receipt or show the SMS confirming your appointment date at the passport office.
- Carry all the original documents on the appointment day.